The Education Media Centre is a charity (reg. no. 1153567) funded by donations.
Funders have no influence over the EMC and expect no favours in return for their support
To underline this independence the EMC aims to attract donations from as many diverse organisations as possible. Private companies, research funding bodies, charitable trusts and foundations, unions and universities are amongst our sponsors.
The EMC would like to express its thanks to all of its funders.
- Association of School and College Leaders (ASCL)
- Cambridge Assessment
- City & Guilds Centre for Skills Development
- Communications Management
- Greg Dyke, Chancellor, University of York & former BBC DG
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
- Edge Foundation
- Edge Hill University
- Esmee Fairbairn Foundation
- J. Paul Getty Jnr. Charitable Trust
- Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS)
- Million +
- National Science Learning Centre (MyScience)
- National Union of Teachers (NUT)
- Osiris Educational
- Sheffield Hallam Institute of Education
- UCL-Institute of Education
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Durham
- University of Lancaster
- University of Nottingham
- University of West London
- Queen`s University, Belfast
- Wellcome Trust
Aside from cash donations, the EMC has also received generous financial support and other significant help from a number of other organisations. We would like to acknowledge their generosity.
- Institute of Effective Education, University of York
- Taylor & Francis
- United Learning Trust
- University of London
The Education Media Centre would not exist had the UK`s Science Media Centre not led the way. Since its begining in 2002, the SMC has made & continues to make a major contribution to the transformation in the public and media appreciation of science and scientific evidence.The Education Media Centre is just one of many beneficiaries of the talent, experience, warm generosity and refreshing plain-speaking advice which seem to be hallmarks of SMC staff. Thank you.