Our work with partners
We offer a wide range of services to our partners. If you are interested in working with us please contact Fran or Steve to begin a conversation. Our services include:
Supporting media and communication activity around academic research is one of the main ways EMC fulfils its charitable purpose:
- Circulating press releases and pitching stories to education journalists
- Media and blog training sessions for researchers
- One-to-one mentoring to ensure media impact for key researchers
- ‘Meet the media’ events with a panel of leading education journalists
- Large-scale gatherings at which researchers and practitioners meet and discuss evidence-based practice
- High-level small-group meetings at which senior figures from education meet policymakers and research leaders
- Webinars for practitioners in specific sectors, with high-profile panellists
Working with journals and journal publishers
- We read forthcoming papers from education journals and advise on their media potential, resulting in widespread national media coverage.
- We have also worked with Taylor & Francis to help develop ‘plain English’ summaries of papers and to deliver training to journal editors.
Social media & weekly newsletter
- News and information is posted daily on our Twitter feed and forms the basis of our free weekly newsletter.
For more information on EMC partnerships, contact: